University of Tsukuba, Malaysia

Home FAQ

(FAQ)frequestly asked questions

Is there any financial aid available?
There is limited financial aid offered for high-performing students. Applying for financial aid may be very competitive. For details, please consult the student affairs team.   
I am a Japanese citizen. Is it possible to enter the University of Tsukuba, Malaysia?
Regardless of nationality, anyone who meets the eligibility criteria and passes the entrance examination can enter UTMY. As with other universities in Malaysia, Japanese nationals are considered "International students" and are required to obtain a student pass to study in Malaysia.
Is the University of Tsukuba, Malaysia planning to accept any international students?
This programme is mainly designed for Malaysian students, but we may accept international students.
I have completed my A-levels. Can I apply?
You must have completed (or are expected to complete) 12 years of formal education and hold A-levels, in order to apply. Please note that there will be specific academic requirements for application, make sure you check the details in the application guidelines.
What are the requirements to enter the university?
At least 12 years of formal education is compulsory for all applicants.
This means applicants must have either A-levels, STPM, IB, Diploma, Foundation or an equivalent qualification. Details (e.g. English proficiency, GPA etc.) will be published in the application guidelines.